In the hollow of the paths
The church dates from the 12th century and is listed as a Historic Monument (note the depth of its porch).
The Tacot railway station
- Before the cross, turn left towards La Chaumotte and continue on the track. At the next crossroads, turn left onto a track to reach Chassac-Haut. Take the road to the left and continue into the village.
- At the crossroads, take the path opposite. Walk alongside the shed and continue to the beech forest. At the crossroads, continue into the woods, taking a path almost opposite that joins the road.
- Follow it for 200 m. then go up to the right by the path in the copse. Go down the path straight ahead to the bottom of the valley. Turn left to reach the Pont d’Atoir footbridge. Cross to the left to follow the river. The trail suddenly leaves the river and climbs into the woods.
- At Chaumerliac, take the road on the left for 150 m and take the path on the right. At the road, turn left. Go past the first road on the right and, just after, take the road on the right leading to the old Chirac station (round trip: 15 m).
- Returning to this crossroads, turn right onto a forest track that leads to a meadow. Go around it to the right and slightly into the wood; this path runs along the edge of the meadow, continues into the woods (follow the signs carefully), and joins an old path which continues onto a track.
- In the village of Chaumerliac, take the road to the left for 50 m. then take the one on the right for 200 m. Turn right and immediately left onto a path that leads down to a footbridge near an old mill. Cross the river and go up the small path.
- Take the road to the left; it rises for 500 m. Take the path to the right and continue through the woods for about 800 m. until you reach a path bordered by low walls. At a fork in the road, turn right and continue past the pond. At the road, turn left.
- Before entering the village, take the path on the right, then the road on the left. Pass in front of the hotel-restaurant. Continue to the fountain on the left and climb the steps to return to the start
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: