The Crosses Circuit
Village of Féniers
Note the sizeable communal washhouse. Of recent construction and well-maintained, it shelters old tools used for flour-milling.
Photovoltaic solar power plant
It is located on a former military field with two radars behind the panels.
Aircraft and military field
Massif du Sancy
The Cantal Mountains
Source of the Creuse
- At the end of the village, turn left down the side road. Cross the Creuse then take the track to the right. At the next crossroads, take the track to the right. Follow it straight ahead to return to the D8.
- Take the road to the right and cross the stream again. On the left at an abandoned road, take the uphill path to the D8. Follow it to the right; then, when you reach the cross at the village entrance, follow the road to the left. Continue straight ahead until you reach the power line and then turn right down the path.
- Take the road to the left. At the cemetery, go up on the left by the track that runs alongside the solar energy park. Cross the D36 to take the track opposite. 200m. further on, take a forest path on the right that leads to La Vialle.
- Enter the village and take the road on the right. At the next crossroads, take the departmental road on the left. At the crossroads with the road to Crabanat, go ahead and then immediately take the path below the road. Follow it for quite a long time. It begins a descent: at the Y-junction, take the path on the right that goes up.
- Take the road to the right. In Crabanat, take the road on the left (when you get to the top of the meadow, turn around for a view of the Sancy and Cantal massifs) and go on to the D36.
- Cross over and continue on the track ahead. A little further on, turn left (10 mins) towards the source of the Creuse river. Continue on the track straight ahead to get back to Féniers.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: