Puy de Dôme
A TDF antenna has become the symbol of the site and makes it very easy to identify. Also, at its summit, is a Gallo-Roman temple dedicated to Mercury. While the bravest can make the ascent on foot, a rack and pinion train gives access to the summit.
Massif du Sancy
Tumulus of Manoux
Coat of arms of Gourseix
- At the cemetery, take the path on the left that joins a track. Follow it to the right; keep straight ahead as far as the road.
- Take the road on the right for 200 m. Follow the track on the left, which becomes a path. At the next crossroads, turn left. The path becomes a track; on a bend, go left until you reach the road.
- Follow it to the right for 300 m, then take the path to the left. At the next crossroads, turn left and continue for 50 m, then leave the track for a grassy path on the left that leads to Les Manoux. Continue straight on in the village.
- Take the road to the left and, 50 m after the bridge, a trail to the right. At the first crossroads, follow the track to the right; cross the stream and then the meadow. In the woods, turn left to find a path. It joins a track that you can take on the left to reach Gourseix.
- While you are there, take a 50 m return trip to the right: an interesting stone with a coat of arms can be seen up on the right-hand side of the wall of the barn adjoining the first house. As you leave the village, take the path on the left which joins the road.
- Follow it to the right. At the next crossroads, turn left. 200 m. after the La Barrre, after a transformer, take a trail to the right. Follow it, keeping straight ahead; ignore a path on the left; go to the crossroads just before the road on the left. The path meets the road.
- Turn left onto it; after the sorting area, take the path on the left to reach the village. Turn right to find the church.
1 Rue de la République, 19290 Sornac
05 19 60 00 30
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: