The Postwoman's Path
Madame Paris and the school in Aix
In the footsteps of Madame Paris
Panorama over the Auvergne mountains
- From the school, go on in front of the town hall. Go up the small street and turn left. Find a fork in the road.
- Continue left towards Montasserre. In the hamlet, take a track on the left which leads to a small road; follow it to the right to Encognéras. Take on the right a path that goes on alongside an agricultural building; it crosses fields and woods and reaches the D91. Follow it on the left to Laboucheix.
- At the junction, turn right for 50 m, then follow a track to the left. Cut away from the road and continue opposite by a path through a forest. Leave it for a trail on the right that joins a new track; follow it to the right. After a descent, follow a transversal path.
- Turn left, then right to return the village of Le Marais. Follow the road to the left, go past La Roussange and continue to the Siauve crossroads.
- Climb to the right in the Bois des Buissons until you arrive at a track; take it on the left to join the D 49. Go ahead on the right, then turn right onto a small road. Leave Lavergne on the right and go to Bascoulergue. At Bascoulergue, do not go through the private farmyard but go around the village from below. Leave the hamlet by a path on the left. A little further on, turn left up to the D91. Opposite, take a path that leads back to the D91. Follow the road to the right.
- At the crossroads, go back to Aix by the left.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: