During this circuit, you will discover the charms of Bujaleuf, a green resort in the heart of the Parc Naturel Régional de Millevachees. The trail runs alongside Lake Sainte-Hélène and the forest. Come and contemplate the scenery on the Maulde Valley, Lake Sainte-Hélène and its beach.
2 points of interest
Panoramic view over the Maulde Valley
Panorama over the Maulde valley, a paradise for trout, carp and pike fishermen.
Panoramic view over the village of BujaleufPanorama of the village of Bujaleuf and its 13th-century church. In the heart of the Pays Monts et Barrages in Limousin (labelled Pays d'Art et d'Histoire), at the gateway to the Limousin mountains, the commune of Bujaleuf is a green holiday resort, 35 kilometres east of Limoges. Part of the Millevaches Regional Natural Park, its territory is representative of the contact zone between the low plateaus and the Limousin mountains.
- Go along the stream on the beach side and take the path between the meadows and the woods. At the intersection with a path, continue alongside the lake.
- After 1 km, take the path to the right in the hairpin bend until you reach the road. Take the road to the right and then the uphill path to the left.
- Where the paths cross, take the one on the left (view of the dam). Continue uphill to the right until you reach the belvedere. Continue on the path downhill.
- When you reach the stream, take the path on the left (common with the trail "The heights of Bujaleuf"). At the crossroads, take the path on the right and go straight on.
- At the intersection, turn right and go straight down.
- At the crossroads, turn left and go straight down (leave the path leading to the riding school). Cross the path and go straight down.
- At the end of the meadow, go down on the left, go through the gully and continue straight ahead. At the crossroads, turn left and go straight down (leave the path that leads to the riding school). At the end of the climb, continue straight ahead. Take the path opposite.
- When you arrive at the Rue des Varaches, turn right and then take the path on the left. Continue straight ahead until you reach the beach.
- Departure : Lake Sainte-Hélène Beach, Bujaleuf
- Arrival : Lake Sainte-Hélène Beach, Bujaleuf
- Towns crossed : Bujaleuf
Access and parking
37 minutes from Limoges. Take exit 35 on the A20 then Feytiat and RD979. In Masléon, turn left onto the RD232 towards Bujaleuf.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: