Le Puy Bezin
Church of Saint-Yrieix-le-Déjalat
- In the square, take the D16 towards Egletons and, before the cemetery, take the road on the right. Continue on the D135 on the right, leave the Plantade holiday centre on the right and continue.
- Take the forest track on the right. It leads through stands of coniferous trees and passes on the northern side of the Puy Bezin (in the 19th century, a chapel dominated the moorland at the top of the Puy Bezin; today, the heather has disappeared and so has the chapel).
- At the crossroads, continue straight ahead. The track climbs up the Puy d'Aubart (view of the Monédières: from the dry heath of the Puy de Gussanges, on the right, to the coniferous plantations of the Puy Charrin, on the left, passing through deciduous forests and meadows, this panorama presents the multiple facets of the evolution of the landscape) and descends the northern slope in a few bends.
- At the junction, go down the track to the right.
- In the bend, set off on the path to the right. It goes down through the undergrowth, then alongside the valley of the Plantade which runs through wet meadows (called pastures). Cross the stream to arrive at the entrance to Laborde. Continue by the road that goes up in the hamlet and go past the houses.
- Follow the path on the right for 200 m, then go up by the path on the left into the beech woods. Continue along the small road, then take the D16 to the right to find the starting point again.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: