Embed this item to access it offline
Don't hesitate to take the family on this country walk with its many small heritage features: certainly, one of the most beautiful wells in the region at the start of the walk, followed by a communal laundry or washhouse at Paulet. At the end of the walk, go as far as the restored windmill at Bettines.
3 points of interest
- Heritage site
ChurchA Romanesque church, built in the 12th century. Its originality lies in its single access door, which is located on the side wall and not, as usual, under the bell tower in the front.
- Heritage site
WindmillAfter the church and the cemetery: The last one to turn in Corrèze, it stopped working at the beginning of the 20th century. In 1965 it was close to ruin; it was saved five years later and adorned with its majestic sails, thanks to the dedication of the Friends of the Betinac Windmill association.
Please note: the mill is located off the route, a 1.6 km return journey from the starting point. Access: follow the D120 north, pass the cemetery and turn right at the fork. Access is 400 m further on, on the left.
- Small patrimony
Fountain and counterpoise wellThis counterpoise well, or pole well, which has retained its monolithic tubs, dates from the 16th and 17th centuries. It works on the lever arm principle.
- Opposite the church, go down to the right towards the counterpoise well. Take the road to the left; turn left again after the town hall. At the next crossroads, go straight on towards Valierguet Continue straight on, leaving the road to Le Mont on your left.
- In the village of Valierguet, go to the right. The path goes down to a stream and then up again. Continue straight ahead along the forest track.
- Take the road to the right for 500 m. Turn right onto a path that goes straight ahead.
- Take the road to the right and cross over. At the next crossroads, take the track on the right. Go past a pond. Shortly afterwards, leave the track and take a path to the left. This path joins a track that you take on the left.
- Take the road to the right, go through Le Paulet, then turn left at the fork to reach the starting point."
- Departure : Place de l'église, Church Square, Valiergues
- Arrival : Place de l'église, Church Square, Valiergues
- Towns crossed : Valiergues and Chirac-Bellevue
Access and parking
From Ussel, take the D982 towards Neuvic. At the La Serre roundabout, take the first exit, then the first left. Continue straight on for about 3 km until you reach the church.
Place de l'église, Church Square, Valiergues
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: