Lives and Homes of Yesteryear
The village of Lignareix
The explanation, however, is quite simple: destroyed during the Revolution, it was never rebuilt. The church building was located in a meadow below the town hall.
The Combeaux pond
The Linarzeix Cross
In the village of Lignareix, a pretty cross by the wooden fence of a house.
- At the crossroads, turn left. At the end of the village, at the Y junction, take a path to the right. Continue straight ahead.
- Join a path when you reach a property; continue to the right until you reach the road. Cross over and take the path opposite. Ignore a path on the right, then on the left.
- When you reach the track, turn left to reach the Combeaux pond. At the road, go up to the right towards the building and then back down to the edge of the pond. Take the trail that goes around the pond in a clockwise direction. After the dam, turn left onto a trail that leads to point 3.
- Continue straight ahead on the track, ignoring a path on the left and then on the right. After the beech tree border, go straight on (turn right for the shortcut)
- Take the road on the right, then after the bridge, follow the quarry track on the left for 50 metres. Leave it and go up the path to the right. Turn right at the next crossroads to return to the road.
- Follow it to the left. After the house, it becomes a track. Where the paths cross at the top of the quarry, turn right: the path goes down to a stream and back up again. Turn right at the T-junction to reach Bézièges.
- Follow the road to the right. Before the chalet, take the grassy path that goes around a property. Continue straight on through the woodland. The path becomes a road. Turn right at the crossroads to return to Linarzeix.
- Go through the village. Straight on at the exit to join the departmental road. Follow it left for 250 metres; follow it to the right to get back to the starting point.
- Departure : Place de la Mairie, Lignareix
- Arrival : Place de la Mairie, Lignareix
- Towns crossed : Lignareix, Ussel
1 Rue de la République, 19290 Sornac
05 19 60 00 30
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: