The Plateau of Millevaches
The Le Gardy well
As you go through the village of Le Gardy, take a look at the well on your left.
The Massif du Sancy
The Maquis stele
The beech tree alley
Historically, the department of Corrèze was not forested. In 1900, forests in Corrèze occupied only ¼ of the territory. Today, almost half of the department's surface is wooded. The significant decline in agriculture has encouraged planting, particularly of softwoods, with a clear predilection for planting Douglas fir.
- Go through the village. The road becomes a path. Go past a path on your right. At the next two Y junctions, turn left. When you reach a beech forest, turn right to join the road which you follow to the left for 100 m.
- Follow the track to the right that leads to Lachaud. In the village take the road to the right. Turn right again at the rest area. Before a bend, take the earth path straight ahead.
- At a crossroads, take the track on the left (straight ahead for the variant). At a bend in the track, do not take the path that goes straight ahead but turn left to Le Gardy.
- Take the road to the right. It joins the D 21, which you follow to your left. Pass over the Mazonne and take the road to the right, towards Regeat. 100 m after the crossroads, follow the track to the left. Before Régeat, go up the path on the left to the stele.
- Continue to climb alongside the meadow. Join a path, which you take to the right. At the Y junction, go straight down to the road, which you follow on the right to reach Chassergue.
- Turn right into the village at the farm. The path descends into the undergrowth. Then, at a Y-shaped crossroads, turn left and walk along the wetland to reach the road.
- Follow it to the left for 50 m, then take the path to the right. Cross the bridge. Turn left at the next crossroads to reach point 1 again. Turn left and go through La Chabanne. Turn left at the crossroads to get to Courteix.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: