The field of birds
Town of Eygurande
The commune has 700 inhabitants and offers all the services of a small rural town. Don't miss the neo-Roman style chapel of Notre Dame d'Eygurande, built in 1922, behind the town hall square; and the parish church of St-Loup.
Puy de Dôme
A TDF antenna has become the symbol of the site and makes it very easy to identify. Also, at its summit, is a Gallo-Roman temple dedicated to Mercury. While the bravest can make the ascent on foot, a rack and pinion train gives access to the summit.
Massif du Sancy
- Find the D21 and turn right. Pass the Lavergne stream and then the residential area.
- Turn right onto the small road to the right towards VVF. Follow it for 100 m and turn right onto the path that leads down to the lake. Go around it to the right. After 2 footbridges, you arrive at the road.
- Cross and go up the road opposite. At the old rural dwelling, take the path on the right that climbs into the wood. At the top on the right; turn right at the next crossroads to return to the road.
- Follow the D22 to the left for 300 m. Follow the track on the right to Fouleix.
- Follow the road to the right for 50 m. and then the tarmac track to the left, towards La Vialatte. Ignore the first path to the right and take the second. Find a road that you take on the right, leave a track on your left, take the second one on the left. Leave a path at the bottom of the valley on your left and then a track on the hill. The track becomes a road. At the next crossroads, turn left to reach the departmental road.
- At the crossroads, take the tarmac track that climbs upwards at the wooden cross. Follow it for 1 km. At the T-junction, turn right for 150m and then left along a trail that is not very clear and runs through a plantation. Find a path and turn left.
- At the crossroads, follow the sign to Bigoulette; at the next crossroads, go towards Lascoux. Leave Lascoux on your right, continue to Fontvieille. Take the road to the left and go through this village.
- The road becomes a track; leave a track on the left; continue. Take a path to the right before the SNCF bridge.
- Take the road to the left, then the right. Go through Les Verges. Turn left at the next crossroads. Continue straight on to reach Eygurande.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: