The Servières Rocks
The commune takes its name from one of these standing stones (Peira Levada in Occitan), frequent in the region before Christianisation.
It has 850 inhabitants. In 2015, an asylum seekers' centre was opened, accommodating 70 people.
The village of Servières
In 2005, the first wind turbines were installed in Limousin (the only project to date). These 6 wind turbines produce the equivalent of the needs of a town of 17,500 inhabitants.
The Rebière-Nègre peat bog
The Sheep cross
This cross is located in an area marked by the presence of the Templars, and some have put forward the controversial hypothesis of a Templar cross in connection with the nearby commandery of Feniers...
- At the cemetery, the track on the left leads to Chez Le Prou.
- In the village, turn left and then immediately right. At the last house, take the track to the right. At the first crossroads, turn left. Next, go right to the end of the airfield runway; go up to Ludinas.
- In the village, turn left. At the departmental road, turn right for 20 m. then left onto the track. At the next crossroads, take the track on the left. It joins a road that you take on the left towards Lake Servières.
- At the lake, turn right then left to go into Servières. Go straight through the village.
- Continue along the path, which will describe a loop, ignoring several tracks on the left. Go past the site of the rocks and return to point 5. Take the path to the right: go past the bakery and down towards the Vienne.
- After the bridge, turn left onto the path that runs alongside the river. Pass to the right of the embankment; go on alongside the lake to reach the road.
- Turn left and, after the bridge, follow the track on the right that rises into the Chamboux forest. On the flat, the track on the left leads to Vinzannet.
- In the village, at the crossroads, go straight ahead. The road becomes a track leading down to the Vienne. After the bridge, go straight on to join the road.
- Follow it to the right for 300 m. At the crossroads with the Ludinas road, follow the track to the right. Cross the Vienne. At the next crossroads, turn left; join the road and follow it to the left. Descend to a wetland.
- Go along beside it, passing below the gîtes and the campsite. Pass below the play area and cross the Rebière Nègre peat bog by the decking; straight on to join the road and the Croix du Mouton, the sheep cross.
- Follow the road to the left, then the right. keep going straight ahead: the Chemin des Côtes returns to the start.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: