The path to the summit of the Agriers
The counterweight well
Its operation is simple: it is based on the principle of a lever, supported in its middle on a pivot and carrying a container at one end and a counterweight at the other. Simply vary the weight of one of the arms to give it a rocking movement.
The Puy de Dôme
A TDF antenna has become the symbol of the site and makes it very easy to identify. Also, at its summit, is a Gallo-Roman temple dedicated to Mercury. While the bravest can make the ascent on foot, a rack and pinion train gives access to the summit.
Le Massif du Sancy
The Cantal Mountains
- At the exit, follow the road towards the Massif des Agriers. Go on alongside the cemetery and straight ahead at the "Chez Nanet" rest area. At the next crossroads with the road, go left. A little further on, turn left onto the path that climbs and then drops down to the road. Pass in front of "la Plaine des Filles" and continue to the crossroads.
- Go straight on towards Bongue; go past the pond and the arboretum. At the Croix des Quatre Arbres crossroads, turn left towards the orientation table; continue straight ahead until you reach the Puy du Vareyron.
- Take the path behind the orientation table. Follow the track to the left and then the road that runs downhill for 200 m. Take the path on the left alongside the pastureland. It joins a track, which you take to the right; go straight on at the next crossroads towards the "reception area".
- At the next crossroads, turn right to take the track you already took on the way out. A little further on, climb the path that cuts the bend. At the next crossroads, take the track on the right that leads to the "Chez Nannet" rest area.
- In this area, take the path to the right, pass the well and join the road, which you follow to the left.
- Turn left at the next crossroads. A little further on, take the road to the right for a round trip to the dolmen. Proceed to Lamazière.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: