Clap, clap, clop…
Le Massif du Sancy
Village of Fumarettas
The Plateau of Millevaches
The river Diège
The Cantal Mountains
The Château de la Gane
The two oldest elements (late 15th - early 16th century), the round tower and the main building, were connected by a porch-gallery in the 19th century. The Etang de la Gane, the pond at the park entrance, and the Sancy highlight the buildings' beautiful architecture.
The Saint-Maurice spring
Originally, the church, in classical Romanesque style, was part of a fortified enclosure with the enclosing walls of a property where a château, now destroyed, stood.
In poor condition, certainly as a reminder of the château's existence, two turrets and battlements were added during the church restoration completed in 1880.
- Cross the road. Stay straight ahead on the path, crossing a trail (to the left, for circuit 1) then a track.
- Turn left at the road. As you leave the village, take the track on the right (straight on for circuit 2) for 200 m. then take the trail to the right. At the road turn to the right, and then, on the left, the track goes up to Fumarettas.
- After the house, there is a trail to the left (further on, take a round trip to the spring). At the road, go right (go left for circuit 3) then left at Le Breuil. Follow the road, leaving several roads on the left.
- At the T-junction, turn left towards Le Martinet. 100 m. further on, turn right on the downhill track. 200 m. before the Diège (you can make a return trip to the river), turn left onto the steep trail. At the top go right then left to get to Le Chassang.
- Go right in the village. At the junction with the track, turn right. Stay on the main path. At the corner of a meadow, turn left to go back up to the road. Follow it for 400 m. then turn right towards Charlus.
- Take the track on the left at the end of the village and follow the markings carefully. Take the second road on the right near a plantation. Go straight on at the next crossroads; go down towards a meadow and then the main path rejoins the road. Turn right to Pailler.
- As you arrive there, on the left the road becomes a trail; go through the meadow. Go straight ahead to the track. Follow it to the right; return to the road.
- Follow it to the left. Enter the château park, pass in front of it, and continue. Take the road on the left, leaving the road "towards 979"; continue for 200 m. and turn right onto the road which becomes a track. Turn right onto the road; ignore the road towards Maurianjoune.
- Leave the road and take the track on the left. Go straight ahead; go through les Fougères and rejoin the departmental road.
- Go left then, at the top, turn to the right on the track.
- At the crossroads, take the track on the left. Before the shed, go left: the trail rises towards St-Ex. Turn right on Rue de la Fontaine. Go left towards the church.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: