The Diège Valley
The Fountain of Imbort
Le Massif du Sancy
The Fountain of La Bachellerie
The commemorative plaque
During training with a machine gun, a mistake in handling the weapon led to the accidental death of the resistance fighter Paul Sirieix.
- At the crossroads, take the road on the left towards Imbort. At the entrance of the village, you can take a short round trip of 500 metres to visit the spring. Go through the hamlet and turn left in the middle of the village. The alleyway becomes a path; turn right at the crossroads to go down on the RD 104.
- Take the departmental road on the right for about 100 metres and then take the trail on the left which runs alongside a small stream. Take a path on the left and then go up to the right as far as the village of "La Bachellerie".
- When you arrive at the esplanade, turn left and follow the road for one kilometre to the spring. Turn right again to rejoin the D 104, which you follow on the right.
- After the meadow, when you reach the remains of an old mill, take the track on the left. At the next intersection, turn right to go up to the track that you follow to the right.
- Ahead of you, take the slightly hidden downward path you took on the outward journey and go back down to the starting point.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: