Along the way
Village of Villefert
Do not hesitate to make a short round trip of 100 m to see the ruins of its old church which are on your left. They are difficult to see in summer because they are hidden by vegetation (be careful, do not go any further, the site is unsecured and may be unsafe). Dating from the 12th or 13th century, it was dedicated to St-Robert and then St-Laurent.
Village of Crépiat
The old railway line
- Follow the grassy trail that leads to the source of the Creuse. Continue on the decking. After the steps, turn left to join the D982. Cross over and take the small road that leads to Artiges.
- In the village, turn left onto a path that runs alongside the road. Take the tunnel and go uphill to the left for 200 m. Take the earth path on the right. Pass the Creuse and go back up into the woods. Follow the main path straight ahead. 100 m before the road, it branches off to the right. At the T-junction, turn right; ignore two paths on the left, cross the stream and go up the hill towards Villefert.
- Take the road to the right (off the circuit): on the left, make a return journey of 100 m to see the remains of the church of Villefert). Keep straight on down the road, and pass the Creuse. After the gatekeeper's house, turn right onto a grassy path which joins the D982. Cross it, go back up for a few metres and take the road towards Crépiat.
- Continue straight into the village. The road becomes a path that you take on the right. Continue straight along this path, ignoring the paths on the left. At the track, turn left. Then turn right at the next crossroads to reach the Pomet.
- Go straight down into the village. Turn right onto the road. Continue straight on this road until you reach the church (before the church, on the left below the road, is a spring).
- In front of the church, take the stony path that passes in front of the houses. At Massoubre, go down on the left to join the D982. Follow it to the right and then turn left to return to the starting point.
The site of the church of Villefert is not secured or safe, do not go near the ruins.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: