Unchecked Designation of Origin
The Gallo-Roman bridge
Village of Chavetourte
The mountains of Auvergne
The village of Mongie
Village of la Bachellerie
Departure: in front of the town hall, head right towards the cemetery. Go down an alley on the left to the chapel and turn right onto the path. Go over the bridge and at the forest crossing turn right, then, very soon after, turn left up the trail to return to the road. Follow it to the right for 400 m.
- Follow the path to the left. Then take the road to the right towards Chavetourte.
- In Chavetourte, turn left at the first barn (go ahead for a few metres to see the merchant's house, the cross and the place where animals were shod). Outside the circuit: a round trip to the Mas (panoramic view of the Monts d'Auvergne) and Le Massoubre (bakeries, old chestnut tree).
- The trail crosses a stream. A few metres later, leave the main path and turn left onto a trail that climbs towards La Mongie. Take the road on the right (go a few metres to the left towards the bakery and the view of the Massif du Sancy).
- At the edge of the village, take a trail on the right which passes in front of a drinking trough; continue to the left at the old bakery. Find the road and follow on the right until you reach the Bachellerie.
- In the village, turn left and go back to the fountain-washhouse, passing in front of a merchant's house. Return to the centre of the village: take the road to the left and, at the last house, follow the path to the right. Find the road on the right that returns to Davignac.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: