The Troupine Path
3 points of interest
- Heritage site
St Martial's Church
Built in the 12th century and enlarged in the 14th, the church of St Martial has a bell-tower-wall and on the vault of the choir a 20th-century mural painting depicting the Resurrection of Christ.
It is registered as a historic monument.
- Heritage site
Lioux les Monges CemeteryThe cemetery of Lioux les Monges is unusual in that it is laid out on a slope, and has a characteristic that gives the cemeteries of the Creuse region their identity: "the glass chapels". They make it possible to protect the gravestones while distinguishing them from other burials.
Fontaine des PêchersAccording to tradition, a mysterious voice, speaking the local dialect, attracted passers-by and invited them to come and drink. Children were then forbidden to go near it.
- Leave the Jardin de la Cure on the left and continue straight ahead towards the cemetery.
- Take the path on the left towards "Sagne aux Fraisses" until you reach the road and then turn right.
- Follow this road for 200 m as far as the crossroads.
- Turn left towards Montel au Temple; About 50 m before "Le Pont", turn right to Troupine.
- Take the road on the right towards "Les Pêchers", and after the village, turn left towards the stables until you get to "La Côte".
- Turn left towards "Fontaine St Martial" to reach Lioux les Monges.
- Departure : Place de l'église, Lioux les Monges
- Arrival : Place de l'église, Lioux les Monges
- Towns crossed : Lioux-les-Monges
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: