The Goat Eaters
Panorama overlooking Bellegarde en Marche
The Goat Horns
Church of St Silvain
A 13th-century church, rebuilt in the 17th century, listed on the Supplementary Inventory of Historic Monuments since 1925.
The altarpiece and its two side altars are classified as historic monuments. The roof of its bell tower is made of chestnut shingles.
- Leave by the path in front of the church gate. After 150 m turn right, follow the path and then the road to the D 9 crossroads. Continue straight ahead and then turn right "Chemin de l'abattoir".
- Turn left into "Rue Basse", cross the road and take "Rue du Château".
- On the right take the GR; leave it at the railway crossing on the left.
- Go into Malleret on the left and then on the right, past a stable block. Take the path that goes downhill. Turn left at the crossroads. Cross the D9.
- At the end of the path turn left; at the stop sign turn to the right.
- Pass the cemetery and go up to La Chapelle to admire the view.
- Take the road that goes down to reach the village.
- At the crossroads, take the "Route du Breu" to the right. Leave the village "Les Bierges". A few metres further on, turn left onto a path that climbs up, keep left for 1 km 400 m and enter Bellegarde.
- In front of the Clock Tower, turn right twice. Take the GR 46 for 1 km.
- Leave the GR, take the path on the left. Follow it to the road. Go a few metres to the right and take the path on the left to St Silvain.
- Departure : Church Square, Saint Silvain Bellegarde
- Arrival : Church Square, Saint Silvain Bellegarde
- Towns crossed : Saint-Silvain-Bellegarde, Bellegarde-en-Marche, La Chaussade
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: