From the train station to Manzagol
The old Tacot tramway
Between 1913 and 1959, a tramway called the Tacot operated between Tulle and Ussel, serving Liginiac. The current station is not the Tacot station (which was a little lower) but a station for coaches built on the model of the Tacot stations.
The building is composed of three parts with distinct functions. Its central part dedicated to welcoming passengers is framed by a goods shed with a loading dock and by a large canopy serving as a shelter for passengers.
The Tower of Peyroux
View over the Monts du Cantal
The Puy de Manzagol
The Puy de Manzagol offers a view over the Monts d'Auvergne and the Triouzoune lake.
This is a geological curiosity since it was formed in the Tertiary era at the same time as the Monts du Cantal.
Indeed, the formation of Puy Mary caused vibration and, by pressure, basalt would have risen to this weakened place through a crack, creating this "small" puy.
Departing from the old railway station, go up to the town hall. Go down along the edge of the cemetery. Take the road on the left towards the retirement home.
- Follow the road to the right until you reach Peyroux. Take the road on the left, pass the tower; pass by two roads on your left and find the D183. Turn left onto it for 500 m.
- Take the path on the left. Cross a road and go straight on. At the crossroads, turn right to rejoin the road. Turn left onto it. When you get to the village of Pisse-Lèbre, go straight on until you reach the Puy de Manzagol.
- Climb up on the mound for the viewpoint. Continue in the village: take the road to the right then go left then right towards Maury. Go through the campsite towards the tennis court. Then go down to the right towards the lake to find a path that runs along the lake towards the Etang du Maury.
- Take the road to the left, then the path on the right. Go up to the right and then left where the trees are felled. Go back down to the track and take a left.
- Take the road to the left and then, at the crossroads, follow the track to the right. At the crossroads, turn left. Go through a village.
- Take the road to the right and then to the left. Go through La Chastre and continue on the track.
- Take the road to the right. Go right at the next crossroads. Ignore two roads on your left. At the next crossroads, take the road on the left. Continue straight ahead along the track.
- At the crossroads, turn right towards Bonnefond. In a bend, take the path on the left that goes back to Liginiac: turn right in front of the retirement home and then left towards the centre of the village.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: