Stories and legends
Stories and legends
Embed this item to access it offline
A varied walk through forests, along riverside paths and past old stone buildings. The mysteries of the place are revealed as you walk.
3 points of interest
St Roch à La ChaveWhen the inhabitants of the village refused to give water to his dog, St Roch put a curse on it and... it wasn't until 1975 that La Chave was connected to the running water network!
The Werewolf of Satagnat
The ghosts of CeyvatAn altar stone sheltered between two lime trees was used for offerings; there, the local youths would play at frightening the villagers returning from the vigils: they would disguise themselves as ghosts and place a wooden box like a coffin in the middle of the path...
- Go towards the church and at the cemetery turn right onto the D7 and follow it to Creuse.
- Continue alongside the river, cross it and at the fork, take the direction of La Vignolle.
- Go through the village and continue to Serras.
- When you reach the hamlet, take the path on the left and continue through the woods.
- Take the ford across the Creuse on the left to join the D 18; then follow the road for a mile.
- At the fork, take the road on the left to Maneyraux.
- Go through the hamlet and turn right; at the crossroads, take the road on the left; go straight ahead to Satagnat.
- Go through the village always keeping to the right.
- Take the road on the left and, at the crossroads, turn left and follow the road for 1 km.
- At the crossroads, turn left and then right to reach the hamlet of Ceyvat.
- Take the D7 on the right and then turn left.
- Turn left and follow the road for about 1 km until you reach the D7.
- Turn right to get back to the starting point.
- Departure : La Rochette Town Hall
- Arrival : La Rochette Town Hall
- Towns crossed : Saint-Médard-la-Rochette
Access and parking
From St Médard la Rochette, take the D 94 to Fourneaux then the D 942 towards Chaussidoux and turn onto the D 7 to reach La Rochette.
La Rochette Town Hall
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: