Stones and valleys
Stones and valleys
Embed this item to access it offline
Take the sheltered pathways and walk through the intimacy of secret places emerging into the light on the ridges.
3 points of interest
The Towers of CrocqLast vestiges of a magnificent 12th-century fortified château, the two towers offer a splendid panorama of the Limousin and Auvergne. Two rooms present a history of the restoration work and host seasonal exhibitions.
- Heritage site
St Alvard ChapelDating from the 12th century and restored in the 18th century, the chapel has a bell tower-wall with a triangular gable.
Panoramic landscapesThe circuit offers several viewpoints, including the one at Haut Naberon. The name of the village is a reference to cleared land.
- Go up as far as the towers and then to the cemetery. Then go straight down, as far as the château wall, and follow it to the road (D10).
- Go up the D10 towards Crocq; just after the small road going up on the right, take the GR 4 on the left. Continue on the path to St. Alvard's chapel.
- At the chapel, go down the road and take the first path on the right. At the end of this road, turn left towards the Crocq - Dimpoux road.
- Cross the road and go up alongside the wood. Continue to the Urbe crossroads.
- Cross the Crocq-Flayat road and take the old Roman road opposite. Continue to the small road that leads to Naberon and turn right to the D 28.
- Cut across the road to take the opposite path between the meadows.
- Turn right at the first and then the second junctions. At the third, go up the rise on the left, and you will find a pleasant descent to Crocq and the road which goes back up to the village.
- Departure : Place Georges Hubert, Crocq
- Arrival : Place Georges Hubert, Crocq
- Towns crossed : Crocq, Basville, and Saint-Pardoux-d'Arnet
Access and parking
From Aubusson, follow the D 941 in the direction of La Villetelle, then turn right on the D 9 to Crocq.
Place Georges Hubert, Crocq
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: