The Wolf Tree
The laid hedge
The Wolf Tree
- At the small pond, turn left, go past the buildings, turn left and 100 m further on turn left again on the path that descends until you reach the road.
- Cross the road and take the logging path opposite, keeping to the right; As you leave the woods, at the crossroads, take the wide path opposite and go straight on to the road.
- At the road, turn right and at the first houses, turn right then left to go around the village of Les Rieux.
- At the road, go straight on through the village of La Prugne and after the last houses, before the crossroads, take the path in the woodland on the left, keeping left until you reach the road.
- At the road, bear right, take the path on the edge of the woods on the left and, where the paths branch, take the second on the right.
- At the crossroads, in the bend, go left and down, turn right and go up to the road.
- At the road, turn right and immediately left on the road going up; At the crossroads, go left and take the small road on the right.
- At the crossroads with the road, turn left and then right at the oratory; go through the village of Les Fayes, keeping to the right, then follow the GR46.
- At the road, cross over, take the road opposite, then left, towards the village of Le Clos but just before the houses, turn right towards the village of La Chaize.
- At the road, cross over and take the path opposite on the left which runs alongside the new house. Go down to the stream and then straight up in the woods to the site of the Arbre du Loup, the Wolf Tree.
- In front of the tree, turn right and, at the crossroads of the GR41 and GR46, follow the GR until you reach the road.
- Turn left to stay in the woods and return to La Bussière.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: