The Path of Jean Guitton
The Tardes valley
La Chaumière (private property)
Château de Fournoux (private property)
- Go up the walled road for 20 m. and take the small sunken path on the left. Continue straight on for about 2 km until you reach the D19.
- Take the road on the left and then immediately turn right towards La Roche. Go through La Roche, keeping left, and follow the green signs to the hamlet of Montfrand.
- Go down the road on the left (the route follows the GR 46 marked in red and white).
- Before the village of Théolet, take a right turn after a small tarmac road for about 700 m to reach the D28.
- Cross the bridge on the left. Leave the major road and continue on the departmental road for about 500 m.
- Turn onto a sunken path below you to the left. Cross a stream and go straight on up. You'll reach a small asphalt road: go across it. Continue to follow the path until you reach the road.
- Fork left towards Le Deveix, go through the hamlet and go down to the valley of the Tardes (the viewpoint overlooking the Château de Fournoux).
- At the D19, turn left and cross the bridge. Continue for 300 m and turn right to reach the hamlet of La Châtre.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: