Along the Sarsonne
Saint-Pardoux le Neuf
Etang de la Doulange
- Take the road back to the crossroads.Take the road to the right. At the car park, turn right onto the D161 towards Ussel. Leave the town hall on your left. Continue and fork left towards Salagny.
- At the bottom of the descent, take the path on the right. At the end of the path, turn left. Continue between the meadows, leave the Doulange road on your right (round trip to the lake). The path joins a road that you take straight ahead. Cross the bridge, ignore the road to Chiret on your left; then continue on to Geneix.
- Before the barn on the bend, take the path on the left. Continue through the alley of beech trees. The path becomes a track and then a road that you should follow straight ahead. At the crossroads, follow the road towards Laval for 300 metres.
- At the entrance to the wood, take the path on the right; it runs alongside the meadows, climbs into the woods and then follows the course of the Sarsonne. Ignore all the paths on your left to get back to the road. Follow it to the right until you reach the village of Les Plaines.
- Take the main road to the right and then go left just after the last house. Turn right at the next crossroads to reach Le Montbelet.
- At the end of the track, take the path on the right; continue straight ahead, leaving two paths on the right. The path becomes a trail, go left to join a track.
- Follow it to the right. Turn left at the next two crossroads to reach Les Combes. Follow the road for 400 m. then the path on the right. Go left before the quarry to return to the road.
- Follow it to the right; past the Combeaux brook, take the track on the left. Go straight on through the woodland. When you reach the meadows, take the path on the right that goes up into the young plantation. Turn right at the next road to reach the village of Les Plats.
- Take the road on the left for 1.5 km to return to the starting point.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: