The Mirambel Forest
Of man and nature
This lake was dug to supply water to fight forest fires. But nature has gradually regained its rights over this artificial environment: rushes, sedges, bulrushes; at the back, a floating area of soil has formed, the bog is gaining ground.
With a bit of luck, you might be able to spot the grey heron that has taken up residence here.
Plant species speak to us
L’allée des Gardes
The Mirambel Sonata
This xylophone was made by the children from the Sainte-Fortunade special school in Corrèze. They have created this construction to try and demonstrate to us the variability of the sounds produced by the different species of trees according to their appearance, hardness and durability.
Enjoy and be lulled by this delightful auditory experience.
Marking: follow the Badger signs.
Departure from car park. At the hike summary panel, take the path on the right and go straight on for 100 m.
- Go down the path in the forest on the left and keep going straight on. At the lake turn right on the dyke, then at the end, turn left on the path in the forest.
- At the top of the path, take the ramp on the right to get an overview of the fir plantation. At the edge of the wood, cross the track to take the path in front of you.
- Descend 100 m into the woods. At the bend turn right. Advance 50 m, on the right the Mirambel "Sonata". Continue straight ahead. Cross the access trackand take the path opposite. Go uphill for 50 m and turn left in the bend to join the small path. At the viewpoint go straight ahead.
- At the upright stone, continue straight ahead by taking the small path to the leftof it. Follow this path until you return to the accesstrack. Turn left.
- Departure : Mirambel forest car park (bus shelter)
- Arrival : Mirambel forest car park (bus shelter)
- Towns crossed : Saint-Rémy
1 Rue de la République, 19290 Sornac
05 19 60 00 30
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: