Etang de Viers - village of Lamazière
Etang de Montsour
Etang des Ganes
Etang de la Trompette
The itinerary starts at the small car park on the edge of the Etang de Viers. Take the small road on the dyke then, on the right, take the path which goes up the lake.
- Before you reach the woods, take the path on the right that runs alongside the meadow and then go up to the road. Opposite, go back as far as the hut by the lake at Montsour.
- Take this road on your left for 800 m, ignoring the track leading to the stadium on your left, and then the Trompette road. After the houses, take a left turn onto a woodland track; go right at the next crossroads. At the road, turn left for 100m and then right at the next track to reach the Etang des Ganes.
- Walk alongside the lake by the footbridge then go up by the tarmac track as far as the village. In the village, take the road to the left and then to the right after the last house. At the next crossroads, turn right to Bouix. Take the departmental B-road on the left for 100m. Then, at the end of the straight section, the road on the left.
- This path runs alongside the Etang du Grenouiller. Go straight on at the next crossroads to reach the Trompette lake. Go over the dam. Continue to the hamlet of Viers. Continue straight on to reach the starting point again.
- Departure : Parking on the edge of the Viers lake, Lamazière-Basse
- Arrival : Parking on the edge of the Viers lake, Lamazière-Basse
- Towns crossed : Lamazière-Basse
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: