Mon Dilu Circuit
>Mon Dilu Circuit
Mon Dilu Circuit
Embed this item to access it offline
Are you looking for a family walk? Come and spend an hour in the woods of Saint Paul! Listen to the wind playing between the branches of the beech, oak and fir trees. Walk alongside calm ponds and enjoy the gentle murmur of the streams. And try to catch a glimpse of the black woodpeckers that have taken up residence in this peaceful environment.
3 points of interest
the Les Landes pond
The first stage of your walk, the Etang des Landes extends nonchalantly alongside a majestic alley of venerable beech trees. Private.
Etang de Mon Dilu
This small pond lost in the middle of the woods is called "Mon Dilu". Meaning, in Occitan, "My Monday", this expression refers to Pierre Leonetout's day of rest. A pastry cook in Limoges, and a native of Les Ribières, he came each Monday to fish in his pond to relax. Today, it is still a perfect place to rest for a moment and enjoy the beauties of nature, on the bench or in the shelter of the fisherman's hut... and whatever the day of the week !
Etang du Chateau, the chateau pond
This pond, the last on your walk, belongs to the Chateau of Grand Bosviger, which is located 300 m further on the path on your left. Private.
- Leave the car park to take the D115 for a few metres and then take the path on the right. Pass by the pond, the Etang des Landes.
- Turn left on the path from Saint-Paul to Népoulaud.
- You will arrive at the pond of Mon Dilu (Mon Lundi). Continue to the right on the path called "des Bois".
- Then turn right to reach the third pond by following the path from Les Ribières to Népoulaud.
- Turn right, continue on the path from Grand Bosviger to the Etang des Landes until you get to the road, and then return to the starting point.
- Departure : Car park for the pond, Etang des Landes, Saint-Paul
- Arrival : Car park for the pond, Etang des Landes, Saint-Paul
- Towns crossed : Saint-Paul
Don't forget: a bite to eat, some water, suitable shoes, and wet weather clothing.
Remember to take your rubbish away with you and close the gates behind you.
Never leave without telling someone where you are going.
Respect the fauna and flora.
Do not make a fire.
Avoid any damage to the paths and their surroundings.
Place du Champ de Mars, 87400 Saint-Léonard de Noblat
05 55 56 25 06
Find out more
Access and parking
From Limoges, take the D979 towards Feytiat. Then take the D12 towards Saint Paul. From the village of Saint Paul take the D115 to the car park in the woods.
Car park for the pond, Etang des Landes, Saint-Paul
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: