The Blue Barn
The lake of Bort and the Chateau de Val
View over the Puy de Sancy
At the foot of the Organs
Depart from the Place du Foirail. Go back up to the RD 979. Cross it and go up the few steps.
- Take the small road that rises above Bort. Pass behind the Virgin’s statue and continue. At the top of a slightly steeper slope, take a trail to the right. You reach the village of La Côte. Go through it. Turn right at the next road junction to join the D979.
- Follow it on the left for 700 m, leaving, on the right, the road that goes down to Les Aubazines. As you leave of the village of Vioux, turn right onto the path parallel to the B-road which eventually joins it.
- Cross over and take the small road opposite. After 200 m, turn left onto the rising track. When you arrive at the edge of the forest, take the path on the right and then the path on the left. Continue the ascent straight ahead. At the T-junction, take the path on the left which joins the forest track.
- Follow it to the left. At the Y-junction, turn left. The track becomes a small tarmac road.
- At the crossroads, turn right. At the next crossroads, follow Les Orgues. On your right, leave Chaumeil then Le Roussillou.
- 200 m after Le Roussillou, take a path on the left. Go straight ahead when you reach the old barn. The path continues for a long time below the organ pipe rock formations.
- At the crossroads, turn left. Follow the road on the left for a few metres and find the path on the right which goes down to Bort. Take the D979 to the left to find the starting point again.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: