The Thaurion gorges discovery trail
The Thaurion Gorge, summer 1944
The magic of electricity
The dry heath of Thauron
Evolution of the landscape
- From the bridge, take the path along the river until it rises up to an old bridge.
- At this bridge, the path forks to the left.
- Turn left at the crow's foot to start the return trip. This wide path climbs, and then you reach a ledge.
- Take the first pathway on the left that goes down to the river, then turn right before you get there. The path goes up in parallel with the road.
- At the intersection, do not return to the starting point on your left, continue straight ahead by the trail that joins a wide path and then, immediately, the road.
- Take the road on the left, then a few metres further on, the first trail on the right that climbs into the woods to a small heather moor.
- Once on the heathland, cross it by turning to the left following the ridge. Go down a narrow path that joins the road.
- Take the road to the right to finish the walk.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: