The Jarrauds waterfall discovery trail
The Maulde, context and use
The formation of a waterfall
The story of the electrification of Bourganeuf
- From the car park, head towards the main road. Take it on the left and cross the bridge.
- Just after the bridge, on the left, a stone staircase leads down to the embankment. At the bottom, turn left on the wide paved pathway. Follow it straight until you get to the houses.
- At the end of the wide path, when you reach the last house, a continuous path runs alongside a low stone wall. Take it and go up a few steps until you reach the top of a stone staircase.
- Go down the steps to the river.
- Cross the canal on the footbridge, then turn right and continue along the canal to a barrier.
- Take the metal staircase on the left that leads down the slope, then continue on the path that goes to the right.
- A last narrow step, which forks to the left, provides access to a platform. From the platform, you can enjoy the view of the waterfall. It is possible to go down to the river by continuing along the path for a few metres. For safety and to respect private property, do not deviate from the landscaped path. Return to the car park by the same path.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: