By Les Monts and Les Vergnes
Panoramic view of the farmland crisscrossed by hedges and trees
Château de la Mothe
Starting point: From Château de la Mothe turn right onto the D27.
- Follow the D27 on the left until you reach the D39, on the right (towards Montel de Gelat). Cross the level crossing and continue this road for 600 m.
- Take a path on the left towards the Mondayraud pond. Cross the road and continue this path until you reach the tarmac.
- Take this road to the right, then take the path immediately to the left. After a few metres, turn left and continue until you reach the road.
- Turn left onto it to join the D28, which you follow on the right.
- Take the first path on the left (old Roman road) overlooking the village of Les Monts. Follow it for 2.5 km to the road.
- At the road, turn right and then take the first track on the left.
- When you reach the tarmac, it is possible to continue to the left for 100 m and then take the second road on the right, which gives you a view of the Château des Vergnes (beginning of the 20th century).
- At the road, turn right, then about 350 m further on, take the first road on the left.
- Take the first path on the right. Follow it as far as the tarmac.
- Take the road on the right, and then the second on the right.
- Take the path on the left just before the railway track.
- Follow it to the tarmac, and then follow the path under the railway track until you reach the road.
- Turn left, and after the cemetery, and turn left again on the path that goes up to the tarmac.
- Turn left and pass the railway line.
- Take the path between the two hangars up to the road.
- Take the road on the right. Go through the village by turning left.
- At the top of the hill, choose the path opposite, to reach the D28. Turn right, cross the bridge and continue on Mérinchal.
- After the pond, turn left towards Létrade, then the first on the right to go down the road to the Château de la Mothe.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: