Embed this item to access it offline
Go down to the streams, the Buijoux and the Troh, and go up to the villages of Surget and Ceyrat. From there you will have the pleasure of admiring the valley of the Vézère and the Massif des Monédières. Not far from there, the Al Gaulhia arboretum shelters a mosaic of environments and a wide variety of flora and fauna on a 10-hectare plot: centuries-old trees, bamboos, lotus, water lilies, peat bogs...
2 points of interest
According to oral tradition, the fountain of Saint-Martial sprang from the stick carried by St Martial. This Saint went from Tulle to Uzerche and met a woman in Espartignac carrying water drawn from above. Saint-Martial is said to have asked her for some of her water to quench his thirst, but she continued on her way, ignoring him. The disgruntled travelling saint hit the ground with his stick where a spring gushes out to this day. This fountain is said to have been known to cure scabies.
Nymph preparing to bathe
On the fountain is De Skiba's sculpture Nymph preparing to bathe, created in 2004 on the theme of water.
- Leave the car park and go in the direction of Uzerche, and at the first intersection, take the small road on the left. Go down to the POC road, cross it and take the opposite path up to the road.
- Once on the road, turn right. Go up to Bois Lafage and continue on the main road. Pass a big bend to the right.
- Then at the exit of the next bend (to the left), at the intersection, turn left (between the embankment and the power pole to pass behind the house. Follow the path to the village of Bois Lafage.
- When you reach the asphalt road, turn right and follow it immediately to the right. On the main road, turn left; continue on this road until you reach Surget.
- At the first house follow the road on the right. Go through the village.
- After the last house, continue on the road ahead. Go up to the crossroads.
- At the intersection, turn right then immediately take the path to the right. At the crossroads take the path opposite and continue to the road.
- On the road, turn right then 40 m further on take the path on the left.
- At the crossroads, take the path opposite which runs alongside the main road.
- At the next two intersections, turn right to return to the main road at the corner of the school. On the main road, turn right and go through the houses, and, at the intersection, take the path opposite.
- Where the paths cross, turn left and continue until you reach point 6.
- Turn left and go back through the village of Surget to reach point 5.
- Take the path that goes up on the right then take the first path on the left and follow it.
- When you get to the main road, turn right again, pass in front of the Marteau mill then continue on, up in the village.
- Departure : Car park at the town hall, Espartignac
- Arrival : Car park at the town hall, Espartignac
- Towns crossed : Espartignac
Variation about 5 km: From point 5 take the path on the left to continue the circuit at point 13
Detour: at point 10, at the school, turn left for 400m, and on the right is the Al Gaulhia arboretum.
10, place de la Libération, 19140 Uzerche
05 55 73 15 71
Find out more
Think about car sharing >> www.blablacar.fr
Access and parking
From Avenue du Général de Gaulle (main road) in Uzerche, take the D920 for about 500 m towards Tulle, turn left onto the D142 towards Espartignac.
Car park at the town hall, Espartignac
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: