The roof of the Limousin
Tour of Mont Bessou
Village of Lavaur
Douglas des Farges
From the Mont-Bessou tower car park, go straight down the road to the village of Lavaur.
- In Lavaur, turn right onto the D979 E3 (Variant: continue straight ahead). Then turn left towards the village of Lespinat.
- In Lespinat at the D109, turn right and then immediately left. The road becomes a path. Join a forest track that you take on the right. Continue straight on for 1 km and then take the small road on the right. Go through Le Goumoueix and return to the D109 (off the trail on the left: The return journey to the Douglaseraie des Farges takes about 5 minutes).
- Take the road on the right and then, after the railway bridge, take the second path on the left. This rises; turn left at the next crossroad and reach the Beech Road.
- Take the road on the left for a long time, leaving pathes on your left and right. Leave on your left the road to Le Cloup, carry on the Beech Roads for another 1,5 km.
- At the track, take it on your left. Leave the path on the right and when you come to the D979.
- Cross it to follow a track. Leave the track on the right and continue straight ahead until you reach a T-junction. Take the track on the right. Ignore another track on the right. At the T-junction, turn right. Continue for 1 km and turn left to join the D979.
- Cross it and continue straight along this small road. At the next crossroads, turn left and then take the path on the right at the car park. At the next path crossing, turn right to go up to the panoramic tower.
- Departure : Tower of Mount Bessou, Meymac
- Arrival : Tower of Mount Bessou, Meymac
- Towns crossed : Meymac, Ambrugeat
If it offers pretty views, the road of the haggeries constitute a long paved portion
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: