Of Mankind and Nature
Bourg de Saint-Rémy
The Mirambel Forest
Of man and nature
This lake was dug to supply water to fight forest fires. But nature has gradually regained its rights over this artificial environment: rushes, sedges, bulrushes; at the back, a floating area of soil has formed, the bog is gaining ground.
With a bit of luck, you might be able to spot the grey heron that has taken up residence here.
L’allée des Gardes
The Mirambel Sonata
This xylophone was made by the children from the Sainte-Fortunade special school in Corrèze. They have created this construction to try and demonstrate to us the variability of the sounds produced by the different species of trees according to their appearance, hardness and durability.
Enjoy and be lulled by this delightful auditory experience.
Depart from the church car park. Take the road towards Couffy; go through the village.
- Turn right towards Combefort-Haut. 50 m further on, take the path on the right. Cross the stream, the Levades. At the intersection, go left for 100 m.
- At the next crow's foot, set off on the right-hand track.
- At the forestry track, fork right for 200 m.
- Turn left on the path where there is a wooden barrier. At the pond, continue along the track in front of you. Go left at the next intersection.
- Take the left-hand trail. Follow it until you reach a barrier.
- Take the track opposite for 100 m, and then the path to the right.
- Take the trail on the right (old Roman road). At the next intersection turn right. Go straight on at the next crossroads.
- At the crow's foot, turn right.
- At the crossing before the village, set off on the right-hand path. At the next crossing, go straight ahead and continue on the wide track.
- Take the right-hand path, pass the barrier, and continue. At the intersection at the right-angled bend, turn left. 200 m further on, take the trail on the right, which rises slightly at a right angle.
- At the barrier, cross the forest track to take the path through the forest in front of you. A few metres further on, take the right-hand trail.
- Go along the forestry track. 20 m further on, turn left onto a winding trail that climbs; continue until you reach the viewpoint over the Mountains of Cantal and the Massif du Sancy. Continue past the panoramic viewpoint until you reach the crossroads.
- At the place where the paths cross (memorial stone), take the descending left-hand path.
- At the track, take the way opposite you, and continue along the fence. At a crossroads of trails, continue on the small left-hand trail that still runs alongside the fence. Pass over the footbridge and follow this path to reach Saint-Rémy.
- Departure : Place de l'église, Saint-Rémy
- Arrival : Place de l'église, Saint-Rémy
- Towns crossed : Saint-Rémy, Courteix, Saint-Pardoux-le-Neuf, Lignareix
1 Rue de la République, 19290 Sornac
05 19 60 00 30
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: