2 points of interest
- Small patrimony
BakeryThe bakery of the former presbytery, restored and very complete, with its oven, its bujadier (ancestor of the washing machine), and its vegetable garden cut in granite is characteristic of the know-how of the masons of the Creuse.
- Heritage site
Fontaine de GrancherIn this granite land where water flows everywhere, the fountains mark the village’s identity. Right up to the twentieth century, a tradition continues: that of giving a gift to the fountain every New Year’s Day to ensure its good flow.
Depart from the church square. Go down the terrace steps, cross the municipal road, and to the left of the cross take the "schoolchildren's path" which runs alongside the cemetery.
- Once on the D35, follow it to the left until you reach the village of La Cour.
- At the entrance to the village, turn right onto the tarmac forest track and follow it for about 2 km.
- At the intersection with the D90, take, opposite, the track that leads to the village of Monteix.
- After the village, follow the path on the right.
- Turn right again onto the path that leads to the Grancher brook.
- Cross the brook and go up to the next crossing to turn left towards the village of Grancher.
- As you leave this village, take the right-hand path, and then the left one.
- After the wood, turn left onto the path that goes back up, and go through the village of Les Ecures.
- Cross the D35 and take the path between the houses that goes upwards and leads to the entrance of the village of Saint-Georges-Nigremont.
- Departure : Place de l'église, Saint-Georges-Nigremont
- Arrival : Place de l'église, Saint-Georges-Nigremont
- Towns crossed : Saint-Georges-Nigremont
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: