Embed this item to access it offline
From the village, set off along the river "Tardes", where you will discover an old mill nestled in the heart of its natural surroundings.
3 points of interest
An old mill that used to soften hemp sheets.
The Towers of Crocq
The last vestiges of a powerful 12th-century chateau, the two towers offer a splendid panoramic view of the Limousin and Auvergne. An orientation table crowns the top of one. Two rooms present a history of the restoration work and host seasonal exhibitions.
Walled garden or couderc
The walled garden or couderc is a communal grazing area. Dry stone walls enclose it. These are part of the Creuse landscape. Inexpensive to build, they are extremely durable, offer perfect drainage and promote biodiversity.
From Crocq, head in the direction of Basville, then Saint-Oradoux-près-Crocq.
- Once you leave the village, take the path on the right. At the crow's foot, turn right again and follow the path to the left.
- At the end of this path, cross the road to reach the path on the opposite side.
- In the village of Chermartin, turn right. After the low wall garden, turn left immediately.
- When you get to the road, take the road opposite. Go through the village. At the end of the latter turn left and follow the low-walled path.
- On the left: a view over the towers of Crocq.
- At the intersection, turn left. You can make a detour to the Pont des Farges and the wooden footbridge, by taking a right. Then return to the intersection and continue ahead. A few hundred metres further on, it is possible to make a detour to a small wooden bridge that was once used as a lock or water reservoir.
- Following the Tardes River, there is an old private mill called Le Foulon which was used to soften hemp fabrics.
- Go up to the D9 and follow it to the right.
- At the crossroads, continue straight ahead on the road to Auzances (D996).
- 150 m further on, in front of the Basville pond, take the path on the right.
- At the first intersection, take the right-hand path. When you arrive on the road, turn left and go up to the village of Saint Oradoux.
- Departure : Town Hall, Saint-Oradoux-près-Crocq
- Arrival : Town Hall, Saint-Oradoux-près-Crocq
- Towns crossed : Saint-Oradoux-près-Crocq
Access and parking
At 5 km from Crocq, set off in the direction of Basville and then head for Saint-Oradoux-près-Crocq on the D28.
Car park, Town Hall, Saint Oradoux near Crocq
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: