The Towers of Crocq
Walled garden or couderc
From Crocq, head in the direction of Basville, then Saint-Oradoux-près-Crocq.
- Once you leave the village, take the path on the right. At the crow's foot, turn right again and follow the path to the left.
- At the end of this path, cross the road to reach the path on the opposite side.
- In the village of Chermartin, turn right. After the low wall garden, turn left immediately.
- When you get to the road, take the road opposite. Go through the village. At the end of the latter turn left and follow the low-walled path.
- On the left: a view over the towers of Crocq.
- At the intersection, turn left. You can make a detour to the Pont des Farges and the wooden footbridge, by taking a right. Then return to the intersection and continue ahead. A few hundred metres further on, it is possible to make a detour to a small wooden bridge that was once used as a lock or water reservoir.
- Following the Tardes River, there is an old private mill called Le Foulon which was used to soften hemp fabrics.
- Go up to the D9 and follow it to the right.
- At the crossroads, continue straight ahead on the road to Auzances (D996).
- 150 m further on, in front of the Basville pond, take the path on the right.
- At the first intersection, take the right-hand path. When you arrive on the road, turn left and go up to the village of Saint Oradoux.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: