Hike in Pontarion
Hike in Pontarion
Embed this item to access it offline
Hike along the landscaped banks of the Thaurion. You will pass by the house where Martin Nadaud was born.He was a famous mason from Creuse and became a member of parliament. And you will be able to discover the enigmatic stone with nine steps.
2 points of interest
Fishing and Nature Area
In this typical Creuse landscape, below the fortified château, you can walk, fish, contemplate the reflections in the whispering Thaurion. Or you can simply learn the thousand secrets of nature thanks to the orchard collection and the arboretum of shrubs and trees of the country.
House of Martin Nadaud
When the building goes well, everything goes well! Martin Nadaud, the most famous mason in Creuse opens the doors of his estate in Martinèche for a trip to the 19th century. Films, tools and old photographs retrace the history of the masons, their achievements and daily life in Creuse while the men were on the building sites. The extraordinary journey of this committed republican is also presented through a playful and interactive journey.
Depart from the Place du Château in front of the Espace Pêche et Nature, the fishing and nature area. Go down the Rue Antoine d'Aubusson which runs alongside the château.
- At the national road, turn left.
- Cross the bridge over the Thaurion and take the first road on the left. 500 m further on, after the old mill, continue alongside the Thaurion. Follow the path to the road and turn left to reach the village of La Martinèche. Pass in front of Martin Nadaud's house. To discover the Nine-step stone 500 m further on, turn right at the crossroads at the Martinèche exit. After less than 100 m, go up by the path on the left. At the top of the hill is an enormous and enigmatic rock, said to have beneficial virtues. To continue the walk, retrace your steps. At Martin Nadaud's house, leave the road and take the forest track that goes up the hill. Then turn right at the first path.
- At the road, turn left. After 1 km, at the crossroads with the D941, turn right to reach the village of Pontarion.
- Departure : Place du Château, Pontarion
- Arrival : Place du Château, Pontarion
- Towns crossed : Pontarion, Soubrebost
Access and parking
10 km from Bourganeuf, take the D941.
Place du Château, Pontarion
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: