The Lestrange site
The site of Lestrange
- Take the path between two hedges, leave the path to the right and cross the wet valley. Go up between the opaque and diversified hedges (ash, hornbeam, holly, hawthorn, oak and fossilised charcoal mix, and provide an ideal shelter for many nesting birds). Continue along the path on the left and go through Valeix. Continue by road, passing in front of a bakery and a former charcoal burner's kiln. Take the track on the right for 30 m.
- At the junction, go straight down the track. It leads to the site of Lestrange (a rocky promontory where a chateau once stood; Today, a few stones and the protective ditch testify to the lordly building). Continue by the small trail that leads to the viewpoint overlooking the gorges of the Luzège (take care: no safety barrier).
- Return to the junction and turn right onto the path between two meadows.
- Go down towards the valley and continue along the path straight ahead, leaving many trails to the left and right.
- Take the track to the left.
- Take the road on the left, enter Laborie (leaving the track on the right) and then follow the road on the right. Continue straight ahead, pass the crossing, then take the road towards La Charlanne on the left to reach the starting point again.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: