Through the villages
Classroom of yesteryear
- From the former schoolhouse, go down the D60. At the town hall, turn right, then take the road on the right. At the houses, take the path on the right below the trees, pass a pond and continue. Take the D978 to the left and then the road to the right.
- Take the path on the right. Before La Rongère, fork right onto the path in a dip, then take the D98 to the left. Leave Rongère on the left.
- Take the path on the left. It goes down into a wet area. Go up the path, which is bordered by low walls. Cross the cattle grids (grids fixed in the ground), arrive at Coiral, leave the road, and then follow the road to the right.
- Before the last house on the left, take the path on the left. Cross the Sombre on the footbridge and go up by a rather wet path. At the left fork, continue alongside the field, then turn right between the meadows. Continue along the edge of the field, and you will arrive at Chassang (house with bread oven). Take the road on the right and, at Le Grolier, the D98 on the right, then the track on the left. Leave the left-hand track and continue straight ahead.
- At the five-way crossroads in the paths, take the second path on the right. Cross the Sombre (Royal Fern) and continue along the path. Take the D978 to the right.
- In the bend, take the left-hand path. In Lascaux, continue opposite, go through the hamlet (view of the gorges of the Dordogne and the Xaintrie) and continue by the descending path. Cross a damp area at the bottom, leave the path on the left and go up between coppice and plantations. Take the road on the left, the path on the right for 75 m, then the path on the right, between the trees. Take the D978 on the left, the D98 on the left and the path on the right to return to the Maison du Patrimoine.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: