The Perrière Trail
The gorges of the Verger
Depart from the Martin Nadaud school car park. Follow the sign for the Gorges du Verger at the the car park exit, in the direction of Clermont-Ferrand.
- Take the path that says 'No entry', and continue along the oak-lined pathway. Pass the wooden fences and continue on the main path along a dry stone wall. Walk alongside the waterfalls.
- At the crow's foot, turn left towards the hairpin bends.
- At the end of the hairpin bends, turn sharply to the right in front of the sign. Below the old Bourganeuf slaughterhouse, turn left.
- Cross the road and take the trail that goes up ahead. At the next crossing, follow the left-hand path and cross the meadow. At the end of the wood, follow the path on the right.
- At the crossing, turn left along the meadow. Follow the yellow markings and continue straight ahead.
- At the edge of the scrubland, take the left-hand path. Leave this path when it turns to the right to follow the broom hedge on the left, and continue following the edge of the wood, observing a slight curve on the left.
- At the crossing, take the right-hand path. Continue straight ahead.
- When you reach the tarmac road, take the abandoned road on the left. Cross the D941. Follow the markings for 50 m and then take a small steep path on the right.
- At the crossroads, cross the D940, and continue opposite in the direction of Mas Guillard. Go through the village and follow a stony track. At the first intersection, continue on the left-hand path until you reach a tarmac road. Turn left.
- You have reached the hamlet of La Petite Chaume. At the end of the village, at the foot of the wooden shed, turn left towards the golf course and continue alongside it
- Cross the D941 and follow the pavement on the left. Take the first road on the left. 100 meters after crossing the road to take the steps that lead to the Chapelle du Puy.
- Follow the pavement on the left. Cross the road in front of the gendarmerie and continue on pavement on the right. Turn right into the street and turn left at the bottom.
- Join the D941 road, cross it on the right and return to the car park where you started.
- Departure : Car park at the Martin Nadaud school, Bourganeuf
- Arrival : Car park at the Martin Nadaud school, Bourganeuf
- Towns crossed : Bourganeuf, Mansat-la-Courrière
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: