Steeples and ponds circuit
Natura 2000 site in the Haute-Vallée de la Vienne
The Noblat Bridge
The mills of Noblat
The Chigot Cross
Le Château de la Chapelle
- Follow the path along the Vienne river and head towards the village of Noblat. Pass between the gardens (Place des Chambonnauds) and continue to the right using the small passages between the houses, then to the left. You will arrive at the bridge.
- Go across it. At the D7bis, turn right. Arriving at the D941, follow it on the left using the pavement, passing in front of the mills of Noblat on the banks of the Vienne.
- At the first crossroads, turn left. At the end of the porcelain factory, continue up a steep slope and follow the path that climbs to Chigot.
- At the top of the hill, at the crossing of five paths, at the cross, take the second path on the right. Possible variant.
- At the crossing, continue straight ahead for 10 mins and then follow the path on the right. In the woods, turn left following the GR 654.
- At the crossroads, turn left onto the hairpin path.
- Once you reach a wide path, turn right and then turn left at the next crossing, leaving the farm path to the right. Leave the GR654 on the right and continue straight ahead. At the "y" crossroads, turn right, go past the pond, cross the stream and climb up to the village of Chenour.
- Pass behind the houses, go left at the last one and follow the small road on the right. Turn around to admire the village.
- At the crossroads, turn left towards Surzol, and then, 30 mins later, follow the path on the right. Continue and follow the road to the left. Round trip to the Saint-Martin fountain.
- At the next crossroads in a "T" shape, turn right and continue until the next crossroads with the RD. Continue opposite in the direction of Surzol.
- Go through the village and follow the pathway that leads to the pond: go along it. Then turn right when you reach the roadway. At the crossroads, turn left until you reach the La Pronche road.
- Turn left and, after the climb, follow the ridge path to the right. In Beaubiat, turn left. Just before the hamlet of Bel Air, follow the grassy path on the right, going down the small road. At the D7bis, turn left, follow it for 300 metres. In front of the church, turn left, cross the stone bridge and follow the same path as on the way to the starting point.
- Departure : Fitness trail car park, Saint-Léonard-de-Noblat
- Arrival : Fitness trail car park, Saint-Léonard-de-Noblat
- Towns crossed : Saint-Léonard-de-Noblat, Royères, La Geneytouse
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: