From the site of Les Cars to Longeyroux
The village of Saint-Merd les Oussines
Gallo-Roman remains at Les Cars
Moulin des Maisons
Longeyroux peat bog
Depart from the war memorial; head in the direction of Les Cars.
- At the crossroads after the bridge over the Vézère, a path rises 30 metres in front between the houses. At the height of the small barn, take the path on the right between two low walls. It extends into a track through the undergrowth that climbs and then descends to the left towards the road.
- Follow this road on the right; then turn left at the next crossroads to Les Rioux. In the village, the path on the right that passes above a thatched property leads to the Les Cars site (40 mn round trip).
- Continue on the road to Les Maisons. Go down into the village; a track passes in front of the restored mill. At the crossroads, turn left onto a track that climbs into the woods. Follow it for 600 metres and then take a path on the left that crosses a heather moor. At the end of the plot, continue straight ahead, the path runs alongside a meadow. At the bottom of the valley, this path becomes a stream: go up onto the bank; two small bridges allow you to cross it. A wide track leads you to the village of Celle.
- Go through it. 200 m after you leave the village, a short path on the left joins a road. Follow it on the left to reach the reception area for the Longeyroux peat bog (off the circuit: it is possible to go down the interpretation trail - 30-minute circuit).
- Continue on this road for 500 m; in a bend, take the track which goes straight ahead.
- Where the tracks cross, continue straight on the path that rises and then enters the forest. Go along the fence to go through the wetland. The path continues in the woods. When you get up to a meadow, fork left to join the Borde.
- Continue by the small road. Turn left at the next crossroads to reach St-Merd.
- Departure : War Memorial, Saint-Merd les Oussines
- Arrival : War Memorial, Saint-Merd les Oussines
- Towns crossed : Saint-Merd-les-Oussines, Pérols-sur-Vézère, Meymac
Attention: provide suitable shoes in case of heavy rain and, on the way back, do not hesitate to climb on the right side of the path to bypass the puddles
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: