The Wolf Leap
The Bariousses Dam
The "Wolf Leap"
The Massif des Monédières
The Château de Boisse
The medieval city of Treignac
Go down the small road, face the Bariousses dam.
- Go along the Vézère as far as the footbridge; From this point on the right bank, a round trip (200 m) allows access to the Saut du Loup site.
- Cross the footbridge, climb the steep slope and then turn left at the first crossroads. Then walk alongside Lake Bariousses to the small beach at Vaud.
- Continue on the ancient sunken path that leads to Vaud. As you leave the village, there is an old fountain, still famous today for the quality of its water.
- Continue along the road to an old quarry. Turn right in front of this quarry. Then follow the path and admire the many views over the Monédières massif.
- Walk straight ahead to the village of Boisse. Take a right turn on the road and enjoy the view of the Château de Boisse.
- At the end of the village, you can admire the panoramic view over the medieval city of Treignac. Further down, another 200 m, venture to the crossroads at 800m. Turn left, go down to Vézère and cross the footbridge to reach the finish line.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: