Clap, clap, clop... Shorter route 2
Le Massif du Sancy
The Saint-Maurice spring
Originally, the church, in classical Romanesque style, was part of a fortified enclosure with the enclosing walls of a property where a château, now destroyed, stood.
In poor condition, certainly as a reminder of the château's existence, two turrets and battlements were added during the church restoration completed in 1880.
- Cross the departmental road to take the path opposite, which becomes a trail. Continue straight ahead to the road by ignoring one trail (on the left for circuit 1) and then a track.
- Turn left at the road. Go through Les Bordes. Continue straight ahead, leaving the track for circuits 3 and 4 on your right. Ignore the Maurianjoune road on the right.
- Leave the road to follow the track to the left. Continue straight ahead. The track becomes a road and goes through a village. Continue to the right to join the departmental road.
- Follow it to the left and then turn right onto the track at the top of the hill. Continue for 300 metres.
- At the next crossroads on the track, turn left. Before the shed, turn left onto the trail that climbs towards St-Exupéry. At the first houses, turn right onto Rue de la Fontaine St-Maurice. Turn left at the fountain to find the church and then the starting point again.
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: